Edible sweet fat-based spreads other than peanut butter; (ICS: 67.180.10)
SI 760 part 2 - Sweet fat-based spreads: Spreads other than peanut butter (10 page(s), in Hebrew)
Revision of the Mandatory Standard SI 760, dealing with edible sweet spreads, to be replaced by the following standards:
· SI 760 part 1 dealing with peanut butter (as notified in G/TBT/N/ISR/1073/Rev.1)
· SI 760 part 2 dealing with edible spreads (other than peanut butter).
These standards are significantly different from the old standard and include the following major changes:
· Adds a new category of products "flavored spreads";
· Changes section 4 dealing with ingredients and content;
· Adds new microbiological requirements.
All sections of this new draft standard will be mandatory after the entry into force of this revision, except the following:
· Section 4.1 - General requirements;
· Section 4.3 - Content requirements;
· Section 8.2 - Oil separation test.
Both the old standard (SI 760) and the new revised standard (SI 760 part 2) will apply for a period of at least two years from the entry into force of the new standard. During this time, products may be tested and labelled according to the old or the newly revised standards.