Fermented milk products; (HS: 04); (ICS: 67.100.10)
SI 285 - Fermented milk products (12 page(s), in Hebrew)
Revision of the Mandatory Standard SI 244 and SI 285, to be replaced with SI 285, dealing with fermented milk products. The major differences between the old standards and this proposed standard are as follow:
· Both the mandatory standard SI 244 dealing with sour cream and the mandatory standard SI 285 dealing with fermented milk products will be revised and combined into this proposed standard;
· The test methods described in SI 244 and SI 285 were moved to the proposed standard SI 5930 "Milk and milk products -Test methods", as notified in G/TBT/N/ISR/382 and G/TBT/N/ISR/384;
· The "fermented milk products" were defined according to the Codex Alimentarius standard CXS 243 -2003 and the American Code of Federal Regulation CFR 21 (Volume 2) PART 131: 2019;
· Section 6.2 "additives" allows adding different food products into the fermented milk products;
· Deletes the following requirements: Content (product's weight), Product's temperature, Cleaningness, pH, and the product retention capacity.
The requirements of all sections of the proposed draft standard will be mandatory after entry into force of this revision.
Both the old standards (including their amendments) and this new revised standard will apply from entry into force of this revision for at least two years. During this time products may be tested according to the old or the new revised standards.