Frozen peas; (HS: 070810); (ICS: 67.080.01)
SI 877 Part 4 - Frozen vegetables and fruits: Frozen peas (3 page(s), in English; 12 page(s), in Hebrew)
Revision of the Mandatory Standard SI 939 to be replaced with SI 877 part 4, dealing with the frozen peas. This draft standard revision adopts the Annex on peas of the Codex Alimentarius Standard CXS 320-2015 (Revised in 2017), with a few changes and national deviations that appear in the standard's Hebrew section. The major changes introduced in this draft are as follows:
· Changes the standard's scope and requires that frozen peas intended for further processing or for industrial purposes are subject to only specific parameters relating to product safety and to the requirement for no foreign bodies in products;
· Changes the microbiological provisions and requires to comply with Israel Mandatory Standard SI 877 part 1;
· Changes the test methods;
· Changes the defect examination method;
· Adds a new sampling method.
Only the following sections of this proposed standard shall be mandatory after entry into force:
· Section 2.1 - Composition;
· Sub-section 2.2.1 - General requirements;
· Sub-section 2.2.2 - Analytical characteristics
· Section 3 - Food additives;
· Section 4 - Labelling.
Both the old standard and this new revised standard will apply from the entry into force for a period of two years counted from the end of the calendar year of the publication in Israel's Official Gazette. During this transition period, should one choose to comply with this new revision's requirements, he must also comply with the new labeling requirements.