Frozen carrot; (HS: 0706); (ICS: 67.080.01)
SI 877 Part 2 - Frozen vegetables and fruits: Frozen carrot (10 page(s), in English; 10 page(s), in Hebrew)
Revision of the Mandatory Standard SI 920 to be replaced with SI 877 part 2, dealing with the frozen carrots. This draft standard revision adopts the Annex on carrots of the Codex Alimentarius Standard CXS 320-2015 (Revised in 2017), with a few changes and national deviations that appear in the standard's Hebrew section. The major changes introduced in this draft are as follows:
· Changes the standard's scope and requires that frozen carrots intended for further processing or for industrial purposes are subject to only specific parameters relating to product safety;
· Changes the microbiological provisions and requires to comply with Israel Mandatory Standard SI 877 part 1;
· Changes the test methods;
· Changes the defect examination method;
· Adds a new sampling method.
Both the old standard and this new revised standard will apply from the entry into force for a period of two years counted from the end of the calendar year of the publication in Israel's Official Gazette. During this transition period, should one choose to comply with the requirements of this new revision, he must also comply with the new labeling requirements.