Electrical storage water heaters; (HS: 851610); (ICS: 91.140.65)
SI 69 - Household and similar electrical appliances: Storage water heaters - General and performance requirements (44 Pages in English);
SI 900 part 2.21 - Household and similar electrical appliances - Safety: Particular requirements for storage water heaters (12 pages in Hebrew, 30 Pages in English).
This notification revision notifies new draft standards replacing the draft texts in G/TBT/N/ISR/1097 (2 December 2019).
Revision of the Mandatory Standards SI 69 and SI 579 part 2, dealing with the electrical storage water heaters. These standards will be replaced together with the following standards:
1. SI 69 - Household and similar electrical appliances - Storage water heaters - General and performance requirements. This draft standard revision in a national standard and includes the following changes from the previous edition:
· Expends the standard's scope to 400 liters electrical storage water heaters;
· Moves all electrical water heater safety requirements to Israel Standard SI 900 part 2.21;
· Expends the types of permitted steels;
· Deletes the permit to use copper water heaters;
· Amends several safety requirements against shredding;
· Moves the thermostat requirements to Israel Standard SI 900 part 2.21;
· Removes the requirements for the re-heat test.
2. SI 900 part 2.21 - Household and similar electrical appliances - Safety: Particular requirements for storage water heaters. This standard adopts the International Standard IEC 60335-2-21 - Edition 6.0: 2012-11, with the following significant national deviations that appear in the standard's Hebrew section as follows:
· Changes the references to the International Standard IEC 60335-1 and applies instead Israel's Mandatory Standard SI 900 part 1 (General national remark);
· Changes the normative references (paragraph 2);
· Adds new marking and instructions requirements (paragraph 7);
· Adds new construction requirements (paragraph 22);
· Adds new components requirements (paragraph 24);
· Adds new requirements to paragraph 25 dealing with supply connection and external flexible cords (paragraph 25.2.201);
· Adds new requirements to paragraph 27 dealing with the provision for earthing;
· Adds to paragraph 32 dealing with radiation, toxicity, and similar hazards a requirement that the product shall also comply with the requirements of Israel Standard SI 5452;
· Add and amends Figures 101 and 102;
· Changes Annexes A and AA.