Portable fire extinguishers; (HS: 842410); (ICS: 13.220.10)
SI 570 Part 1 - Portable fire extinguishers: Powder stored pressure type - Extinguisher (20 page(s), in Hebrew)
Revision of the Mandatory Standard SI 570 part 1, dealing with portable fire extinguishers. The major differences between the old version and this new revised draft standard are as follow:
· Changes the values from N to Kg;
· Changes the requirements for extinguishing material and the discharge gas (paragraph 2.2);
· Deletes paragraph 1.6 dealing with compliance;
· Adds new requirements for the container and the container's joints (paragraphs 3.2.2 and 3.2.3);
· Removes most of the requirements for the thread of the head and the thread of the container bushing (paragraph 3.7.5);
· Adds a requirement for a non-return valve in the pressure gauge (paragraph 3.9);
· Adds new requirements to the vibration resistance test methods (paragraph 4.9);
· Changes the pressure for testing the strength of bushing thread (paragraph 4.12);
· Deletes paragraph 220.127.116.11 dealing with threads;
· Amends paragraph 2.1 dealing with marking and changes the width of the white strip and the size of the letters on it.
Both the old standard and this new revised standard will apply from entry into force of the new revision for a period of 12 months. During this time product may be tested according to the old or the new revised standard.