Portable fire extinguishers; (HS: 842410); (ICS: 13.220.10)
SI 66 - Portable fire extinguishers, foam or water or wet chemical stored pressure type: Extinguisher (21 page(s), in Hebrew)
Revision of the Mandatory Standard SI 66, dealing with portable fire extinguishers. The major differences between the old version and this new revised draft standard are as follow:
· Changes the values from N to Kg;
· Expends the standard's scope to include also wet chemical extinguishers;
· Changes the requirements for extinguishing material and the discharge gas (paragraph 2.2);
· Deletes paragraph 1.5 dealing with compliance;
· Adds new requirements for the container and the container's joints (paragraphs 3.2.2 and 3.2.3);
· Removes most of the requirements for the thread of the head and the thread of the container (paragraph 3.7.4);
· Adds new requirements to the vibration resistance test methods (paragraph 4.8);
· Changes the pressure for testing the strength of bushing thread (paragraph 4.11);
· Deletes paragraph 22.214.171.124 dealing with threads;
· Amends paragraph 2.1 dealing with marking and changes the width of the white strip and the size of the letters on it.
. Both the old standard and this new revised standard will apply from the entry into force of the new edition for a period of 12 months. During this time product may be tested according to the old or the new revised standard.