Beer (HS: 2203). (ICS: 67.160.10).
SI 407 - Beer, Beer-based beverages, beverages with beer and malt beverages (12 page(s), in Hebrew)
Revision of the Mandatory Standard SI 407, dealing with beer and similar malt beverages. The major differences between the old version and this new revised draft standard are as follow:
· Replaces all paragraphs detailing the allowed food additives with a reference to Israel's Public Health Regulations (Food) (Food Additives) 2001 (paragraph 2.1.2);
· Adds new requirements for a minimal letters' size. These requirements differ from the requirements of SI 1145 dealing with labelling of pre-packaged food;
· Deletes the requirements for beer clarity;
· Deletes the requirements for declared volume of the product;
· Changes the category of malt beer to be malt beverage and adds new categories for beverages with beer-based beverages.
Both the old standard and this new revised standard will apply from entry into force of the new standard for a period of 12 months. During this time product may be tested according to the old or the new revised standard. According the Law for Determining the Entry into Force of Marking Requirements for Pre-Packaged Food (2014), these new marking requirements will enter into force 2 years after the end of the calendar year of the publication in Israel Official Gazette. During this time pre-packaged food can be marked either according to the old or the new marking requirements.