Construction products, decorative products and electrical, electronic and HVAC equipment as defined below:
- "Construction products": products incorporated into the construction of a building or part of a building in a durable manner;
- "Decorative products": products used as wall, floor and ceiling coverings;
- "Electrical, electronic and HVAC equipment": technical systems integrated into the building or part of a building or its plot, contributing to the operation of the building for heating, cooling, ventilation, local energy production, lighting, domestic hot water and other systems relating to sanitation, safety, fire safety, mobility of building occupants, building automation and regulation, and energy and communication networks.
Arrêté relatif aux exigences de performance énergétique et environnementale des constructions de bâtiments d'habitation, de bureaux ou d'enseignement primaire ou secondaire en France métropolitaine (Order relating to the energy and environmental performance requirements applicable to the construction of residential, office or primary or secondary education buildings in Metropolitan France) (49 pages, in French)
The notified draft Order relating to the energy and environmental performance requirements applicable to the construction of residential, office or primary or secondary education buildings in Metropolitan France defines the various regulatory requirements on energy and environmental performance that are applicable to new buildings for residential, office or primary or secondary education purposes.
The main requirements involve:
- limiting energy needs for heating, cooling and artificial lighting;
- limiting energy consumption for six types of appliance (heating, cooling, domestic hot water, lighting, ancillary appliances, mobility of building occupants), and limiting the impact on climate change associated with such energy consumption;
- limiting the impact of the building components on climate change;
- limiting indoor discomfort during the summer period.
The draft Decree also provides for the mandatory calculation of certain indicators. This should lead the sector to anticipate future requirements, with minimum levels to be achieved and provide additional information on the impact of the building on global warming. Resource requirements are also provided for in order to safeguard performance (most of the previous regulation has been retained).
Adjustments are provided for in respect of temporary buildings and buildings and extensions with a small surface area.