Draft Commission Regulation (EU) …/…of XXX amending Annexes III and VI to Regulation (EC) No 1223/2009 of the European Parliament and of the Council; ((4 page(s), in English)), ((6 page(s), in English))
The measures proposed by the draft Commission Regulation are part of the on-going and regular adaptations of the Annexes to Regulation (EC) No 1223/2009 (Cosmetics Regulation). Based on the latest scientific opinions by the Scientific Committee on Consumer Safety (SCCS) the proposed measures aim at:
- establishing restrictions in Annex III for the substance 'Butylated Hydroxytoluene (BHT)', used as antioxidant in cosmetic products;
- establishing restriction in Annex III for the substance 'Acid Yellow 3', used as hair dye;
- amending the existing labelling requirements in Annex III for the substance 'Resorcinol', used as hair dye;
- authorizing by listing in Annex VI the substance 'Bis-(Diethylaminohydroxybenzoyl Benzoyl) Piperazine (HAA299)' for use as a UV filter in cosmetic products; and
- further restricting the use of the UV filter 'Homosalate' in cosmetic products by amending the existing restrictions in Annex VI.