Plants, plant products and other objects (HS Chapters: 06 (live plants), 07 (vegetables), 08 (fruits), 09 (certain seeds or plants for planting), 10 (cereals), 12 (miscellaneous grains, seeds and fruit), 14 (vegetable material), 44 (wood), 94 (prefabricated buildings of wood))
Draft Commission Implementing Regulation amending Implementing Regulation (EU) 2019/2072 as regards the listing of pests, prohibitions and requirements for the introduction into, and movement within, the Union of plants, plant products and other objects, and repealing Decisions 98/109/EC and 2002/757/EC and Implementing Regulations (EU) 2020/885 and (EU) 2020/1292. Language(s): English. Number of pages: 9+126 (Annex)
Implementing Regulation 2019/2072 contains the list of Union Quarantine pests, Protected Zone Quarantine Pests and Regulated Non-Quarantine Pests (RNQPs). Furthermore, it lays down phytosanitary import and internal movement requirements for plants, plant products and other objects that may pose a phytosanitary risk to the European Union.
The draft amendment of Implementing Regulation 2019/2072 stipulates:
- Addition of new pests in the list of Union quarantine pests (Annex II);
- Revision of the pests that are currently regulated as groups of pests (Annex II);
- Changes in scientific names of pests (Annex II);
- Addition of new pests in the list of RNQPs (Annex IV);
- Revisions of the prohibited commodities (Annex VI);
- Addition of new import requirements (Annexes V and VII);
- Revision of existing import requirements (Annexes V, VII and X);
- Addition/Revision of CN codes (Annexes VI, VII, X and XI);
- Revision of regulated commodities (Annexes XI and XII);
- Repeal of Decisions 98/109/EC and 2002/757/EC and Implementing Regulations (EU) 2020/885 and (EU) 2020/1292.
In addition, the draft Regulation contains additions/revisions of internal movement requirements of regulated commodities in the European Union. These revisions are provided for information and clarity purposes.