Tobacco, tobacco products and related equipment (ICS 65.160)
Ministerial Decree No. 516/2021 (3 pages, in Arabic).
Ministerial Decree No. 516/2021 which includes the conformity with the latest version of the Egyptian Standard ES No. 8205-1 "General requirements for traditional cigarette alternatives - Part:1 Electronic Cigarettes - Electronic Liquid.
This Decree establishes a sub-committee (3/12/1) from the relevant technical committee (3/12) tobacco and tobacco products in the Egyptian organization for standardization and quality.
The sub-committee (3/12/1) chaired by Secretary General of the tobacco and tobacco products committee, shall consist of representatives from:
1. General Organization for Export and Import Control
2. Industrial Control Authority
3. Department of Chemistry
4. Central Public Health Laboratories
5. Tobacco Division in Federation of Egyptian Industries
6. Egyptian Tax Authority
7. Egyptian Customs Authority
Any other member that may be deemed necessary for the work of the subcommittee,
The sub-committee responsibilities includes inter alia:
1. Study the files submitted by the producing and Importing companies of the E-liquid product and the relevant companies, including (their complete data - their activity - their practice document - analysis test reports of these products at the Egyptian organization for standardization and quality laboratories or any other accredited laboratories……)
2. Verify product's conformity with the latest version of the Egyptian Standard ES No. 8205-1 for "General Requirements for Traditional Cigarettes Alternatives, Part 1: Electronic Cigarettes – Electronic Liquid" which was mandated by the relevant Ministerial Decree.
3. Prepare a database in the Egyptian organization for standardization and quality to register all the importing companies, local producing companies and relevant companies.
4. Analyze these products in the Egyptian organization for standardization and quality laboratories or any other accredited laboratories in Egypt.
5. Prepare white lists for the companies that shall be registered in the Egyptian Organization for Standardization and Quality to prevent fraud and make them available on its website.
6. Issue of a letter from the Egyptian organization for standardization and quality about the registration of companies and their products after paying the estimated costs. Worth mentioning is that ES 8205-1 is technically identical with Directive 2014/40/EU and AFNOR- D90-300-1.