Glass mirrors, unframed (other than rear-view mirrors for vehicles; glass optical mirrors, optically worked; and mirrors over 100 years old) (HS 700991); Glass mirrors, framed (other than rear-view mirrors for vehicles; glass optical mirrors, optically worked; and mirrors over 100 years old) (HS 700992)
Proyecto de Primera Revisión del Reglamento Técnico Ecuatoriano PRTE INEN 254 (1R) "Espejos de vidrio plano plateado" (Draft first revision (1R) of Ecuadorian Technical Regulation PRTE INEN 254: "Silvered flat glass mirrors") (11 pages, in Spanish)
The notified Ecuadorian Technical Regulation establishes the requirements to be met by silver-coated flat glass mirrors, prior to the marketing of domestic and imported products, with a view to preventing deceptive practices.
It applies to the following products:
- Rectangular-shaped silvered flat glass mirrors made from clear or tinted float glass of a thickness ranging from 2 mm to 10 mm and supplied in stock/standard sizes and as-cut finished sizes, for internal use in buildings.
It does not apply to:
· Mirrors of silvered glass made from any basic glass other than float glass, any processed glass, i.e. thermally toughened safety glass, heat strengthened glass, chemically strengthened glass and laminated glass, and any bent glass.
· Mirrors of silvered glass used in aggressive and/or constantly high humidity atmospheres, e.g. boats, swimming pools, medical baths, saunas, etc.
· Reflective glass for external glazing applications.
· This Technical Regulation does not set out safety requirements for the use of glass in construction.