7304.24.00.00 Other, of stainless steel; Other (HS 730429)
Proyecto de Primera Revisión del Reglamento Técnico Ecuatoriano PRTE INEN 207 (1R) "Tubos de acero utilizados en las industrias de petróleo y del gas para revestimiento (casing) y producción (tubing) de pozos" (Draft first revision (1R) of Ecuadorian Technical Regulation PRTE INEN No. 207, "Steel pipes used in the oil and gas industries as casing and tubing for wells") (10 pages, in Spanish)
The notified Ecuadorian Technical Regulation establishes the requirements to be met by steel pipes used as casing and tubing in oil and gas wells, including pup joints and coupling stock, prior to the marketing of domestic and imported products, with a view to protecting human safety and the environment and preventing deceptive practices.
It applies to the following products:
· Casing, tubing and pup joints used in oil and gas wells, coupling stock and accessory material corresponding to Product Specification Levels PSL-1, PSL-2 and PSL-3.
· Pipes threaded with the following types of connections (in accordance with API Spec 5B):
· Short round thread casing (SC);
· Long round thread casing (LC);
· Buttress thread casing (BC);
· Non-upset tubing (NU);
· External upset tubing (EU);
· Integral tubing (IJ).
· Pipes in the following four groups (according to grade):
· Group 1: All casing and tubing in Grades H, J, K, N and R;
· Group 2: All casing and tubing in Grades C, L, M and T;
· Group 3: All casing and tubing in Grade P;
. Group 4: All casing and tubing in Grade Q.