Safety headgear (HS 650610)
Proyecto de Segunda Revisión del Reglamento Técnico Ecuatoriano PRTE INEN 086 (2R) "Cascos de seguridad y protección" (Draft second revision (2R) of Ecuadorian Technical Regulation PRTE INEN No. 086 "Safety and protective headgear") (11 pages, in Spanish)
The notified Ecuadorian Technical Regulation establishes the requirements to be met by safety and protective headgear, prior to the marketing of domestic and imported products, with the aim of protecting human safety and preventing deceptive practices.
It applies to the following products:
1. Safety headgear for general and specific use in industry.
2. Protective headgear for pedal cyclists and for users of skateboards and roller skates, including protective headgear for young children.
3. Protective headgear for use by drivers and passengers of motorcycles.
It does not apply to:
1. Firefighters' helmets.
2. Military or police helmets.
3. Helmets for canoeing or kayaking and white-water sports.