- Articles of apparel and clothing accessories (including gloves, mittens and mitts) (HS 392620); Articles of apparel and clothing accessories, of leather or of composition leather (HS 4203); Articles of apparel, clothing accessories and other articles of furskin (HS 4303); Men's or boys' overcoats, car-coats, capes, cloaks, anoraks (including ski-jackets), wind-cheaters, wind-jackets and similar articles, knitted or crocheted, other than those of heading 61.03 (HS 6101); Women's or girls' overcoats, car-coats, capes, cloaks, anoraks (including ski-jackets), wind-cheaters, wind- jackets and similar articles, knitted or crocheted, other than those of heading 61.04 (HS 6102); - Suits - Ensembles: (HS 61031); -- Of cotton (HS 610322); -- Of synthetic fibres (HS 610323); -- Of other textile materials (HS 610329); - Jackets and blazers: (HS 61033); - Trousers, bib and brace overalls, breeches and shorts: (HS 61034); -- Of synthetic fibres (HS 610413); -- Of other textile materials (HS 610419); -- Of cotton (HS 610422); -- Of synthetic fibres (HS 610423); -- Of other textile materials (HS 610429); - Jackets and blazers: (HS 61043); - Dresses: (HS 61044); - Skirts and divided skirts: (HS 61045); - Trousers, bib and brace overalls, breeches and shorts: (HS 61046); Men's or boys' shirts, knitted or crocheted (HS 6105); Women's or girls' blouses, shirts and shirt-blouses, knitted or crocheted (HS 6106); - Underpants and briefs: (HS 61071); - Nightshirts and pyjamas: (HS 61072); -- Of cotton (HS 610791); -- Of other textile materials (HS 610799); Women's or girls' slips, petticoats, briefs, panties, nightdresses, pyjamas, negligees, bathrobes, dressing gowns and similar articles, knitted or crocheted (HS 6108); T-shirts, singlets and other vests, knitted or crocheted (HS 6109); Jerseys, pullovers, cardigans, waistcoats and similar articles, knitted or crocheted (HS 6110); - Of cotton (HS 611120); - Of man-made fibres (HS 611130); - Of other textile materials (HS 611190); Track suits, ski suits and swimwear, knitted or crocheted (HS 6112); Garments, made up of knitted or crocheted fabrics of heading 59.03, 59.06 or 59.07 (HS 6113); - Of cotton (HS 611420); - Of man-made fibres (HS 611430); Panty hose, tights, stockings, socks and other hosiery, including graduated compression hosiery (for example, stockings for varicose veins) and footwear without applied soles, knitted or crocheted (HS 6115); Gloves, mittens and mitts, knitted or crocheted (HS 6116); Other made up clothing accessories, knitted or crocheted; knitted or crocheted parts of garments or of clothing accessories (HS 6117); Articles of apparel and clothing accessories, not knitted or crocheted (HS 62); Blankets and travelling rugs (HS 6301); Bed linen, table linen, toilet linen and kitchen linen (HS 6302); Curtains (including drapes) and interior blinds; curtain or bed valances (HS 6303); Other furnishing articles, excluding those of heading 94.04 (HS 6304); Other made up articles, including dress patterns (HS 6307); Hats and other headgear, plaited or made by assembling strips of any material, whether or not lined or trimmed (HS 6504); Hats and other headgear, knitted or crocheted, or made up from lace, felt or other textile fabric, in the piece (but not in strips), whether or not lined or trimmed; hair-nets of any material, whether or not lined or trimmed (HS 6505); Other headgear, whether or not lined or trimmed (HS 6506); Mattress supports; articles of bedding and similar furnishing (for example, mattresses, quilts, eiderdowns, cushions, pouffes and pillows) fitted with springs or stuffed or internally fitted with any material or of cellular rubber or plastics, whether or not covered (HS 9404)
Proyecto de Tercera Revisión del Reglamento Técnico Ecuatoriano PRTE INEN 013 (3R) "Etiquetado de prendas de vestir, ropa de hogar y complementos de vestir" (Draft third revision (3R) of Ecuadorian Technical Regulation PRTE INEN 013 "Labelling of articles of apparel, household linen and clothing accessories") (21 pages, in Spanish)
The notified Ecuadorian Technical Regulation establishes the requirements to be met by the labelling of articles of apparel, household linen and clothing accessories, prior to the marketing of domestic and imported products, with the aim of preventing practices likely to mislead or deceive consumers.
It applies to the following new products:
· Articles of apparel;
· Household linen.
· Clothing accessories.
It does not apply to:
· Goods subject to special treatment (Chapter 98 of the Tariff Classification of Ecuador). [Passenger luggage; household goods and/or work equipment; donations from abroad; diplomatic allowances; goods for use by persons with disabilities; samples with no commercial value; international postal traffic or express courier deliveries; certified reference materials; and relief consignments for natural or similar disasters] The provisions of the Organic Code of Production, Trade and Investment, the resolutions issued by COMEX and the relevant procedures established by the National Customs Service of Ecuador (SENAE) will apply to these goods.
· Disposable articles of apparel, clothing accessories and household linen;
· Articles of apparel and clothing accessories for pets;
· Articles of apparel and clothing accessories, and hats and other headgear classed as toys, which must comply with Ecuadorian Technical Regulation (RTE INEN) No. 089, "Toy safety" that is currently in force;
· Products covered by Ecuadorian Technical Regulation (RTE INEN) No. 157 "Labelling of articles of leather";
· Hair items such as elastic headbands, hairbands and hairnets;
· Protective gloves covered by the scope of Ecuadorian Technical Regulation (RTE INEN) No. 270 "Protective gloves"; products that must comply with the above Technical Regulation;
- Protective clothing: Hoods, aprons, sleeves and gaiters which are designed to protect the wearer's head, body and feet and which are to be worn during welding and allied processes with comparable risks; clothing with limited-flame-spread properties and where the user can be exposed to radiant or convective or contact heat or to molten metal splashes; heat- and flame-proof clothing; clothing for fire-fighting in structures; chemical protective clothing that acts as a barrier against aerosols containing dry fine powder; protective clothing and hand protectors for abrasive blasting operations using granular abrasives propelled by compressed air or by mechanical means, for the treatment of surfaces; protective clothing against liquid chemicals; other articles with the characteristics of protective clothing.