Underground structures for the vegetative propagation of ornamental species
Proyecto de Resolución que aprueba texto coordinado y sistematizado de la resolución que establece requisitos de importación para estructuras subterráneas de reproducción vegetativa de especies ornamentales (Draft Resolution approving the coordinated and consolidated text of the Resolution establishing import requirements for underground structures for the vegetative propagation of ornamental species); updates requirements for the species indicated and repeals Resolution No. 3.418 of 2002. Language(s): Spanish Number of pages: 18
It is necessary to update the phytosanitary requirements for underground structures for the vegetative propagation of ornamental species, in accordance with the latest scientific evidence and pest risk analysis.
This draft Resolution updates the following phytosanitary requirements for the importation of underground structures for the vegetative propagation of ornamental species. Attention is drawn to the following points in its content:
1. For the purposes of this measure, underground structures for vegetative propagation shall be understood to mean all plant organs that develop under the surface of the soil and are used to multiply and propagate plants, such as bulbs, pseudo-bulbs, corms, tubers, rhizomes and tuberous roots;
2. The consignment must be covered by an official phytosanitary certificate issued by the phytosanitary authority of the country of origin, including the following general requirements: provenance, species identification, container identification and seals; It also specifies the additional declarations for the species/genus;
3. Indications and their registration in the phytosanitary certificate, effective disinfestation treatments for the control of insects and mites, through immersion or spraying, with products authorized in the country of origin, and a broad-spectrum fungicidal treatment through immersion or spraying for the products shipped;
4. Other requirements for consignments such as: being free from soil, substrates, accompanying elements designed to provide cushioning or maintain moisture, suitable packaging material for possible quarantine treatments at entry points, wood packaging, waxed underground structures and conditions for their inspection by the SAG, requirements for packaging and information contained therein;
5. Quarantine treatments must be supervised by the National Plant Protection Organization (NPPO) of the country of origin;
6. The importer must declare the genetic status of materials genetically modified by modern biotechnology and comply with SAG regulations;
7. Ornamental species that must undergo post-entry quarantine must have authorization from the place of quarantine, which must be presented at the port of entry, at the time of arrival of the goods in the country;
8. Instructions concerning SAG inspection at the point of entry for physical and documentary verification of phytosanitary requirements established for their importation and actions in the event of detection of quarantine pests other than those required by this Resolution, listed in Resolution No. 3.080 of 2003 and amendments thereto, or not listed that are potentially quarantine pests;
9. Other conditions for rejection of materials regulated by the presence of structures such as leaves, flowers or roots or other plant remains, such as soil.
Further details can be found in the document attached to this notification.