Animals from the Procyonidae and Mustelidae families for exhibition purposes, and ferrets for commercial use
Establece las exigencias sanitarias para la internación a Chile de animales de las familias Procyonidae y Mustelidae con fines de exhibición, y hurones de ámbito comercial, y deroga resoluciones n° 475 de 1992 y n° 6055 de 2009. (Establishment of sanitary requirements for the importation into Chile of animals from the Procyonidae and Mustelidae families for exhibition purposes, and ferrets for commercial use, and repeal of Resolutions No. 475 of 1992 and No. 6055 of 2009) Language(s): Spanish Number of pages: 4
The requirements included in the draft Resolution concern the following:
- The health status of the country of origin, in which rabies is a notifiable disease;
- the health and veterinary medical control status of the establishments of origin, and the health status of adjoining land;
- the conditions of the animals, such as length of stay in the establishment of origin, rabies vaccination requirements and requirements for internal and external antiparasitic treatment;
- pre-shipment quarantine conditions under official control;
- health and welfare conditions of animals at the time of transport and shipment;
- animal health certification and requirements to be met by the competent health authority at the time of shipment;
- observance of an official quarantine upon entry into Chile, with regard to the control of entry carried out by the Agriculture and Livestock Service (SAG), in connection with the health certificate.
- In addition to the requirements established in the measure referred to in this notification, the entry into the country of exotic animals must be authorized by the SAG Division for the Protection of Renewable Natural Resources.
Further details can be found in the document attached to this notification.