Fertile specific-pathogen-free (SPF) eggs
Fija exigencias sanitarias para la internación a Chile de huevos fértiles SPF (Health requirements for the importation into Chile of fertile SPF eggs) Language(s): Spanish Number of pages: 4
The notified text establishes specific health requirements for the importation into Chile of fertile SPF eggs, and emphasizes the following:
Birds that produce SPF eggs must be free of specific pathogenic micro-organisms and their antibodies. This should be demonstrated through established or planned controls, in accordance with the following requirements:
- The country or area of origin must be officially declared free of notifiable avian influenza, with this status being positively assessed by Chile.
- It must be declared free of viscerotropic velogenic Newcastle disease by the World Organisation for Animal Health (OIE).
- The farm of origin of the SPF eggs must be authorized by the Agriculture and Livestock Service to export to Chile, in accordance with Exempt Resolution No. 3.138 of 1999.
- The farm must be free of other strains of avian influenza, and the birds that produced the eggs must not have been vaccinated against this disease or others.
- It must be free of the following diseases: Salmonella Gallinarum, Salmonella Pullorum, Salmonella Typhimurium and Salmonella Enteritidis, Mycoplasma gallisepticum and Mycoplasma synoviae, Fowl cholera, Colibacillosis, Coryza, Avian encephalomyelitis, Infectious bronchitis (Massachusetts, Connecticut, Arkansas and JMK strains), Infectious laryngotracheitis, Avian pox, Marek's disease (Serotypes 1, 2 and 3), Avian leucosis, Reovirus, Avian adenovirus Groups I, II and III, Avian infectious anaemia, Gumboro disease, Avian nephritis, Avian rotavirus, Avian metapneumovirus, Avian tuberculosis, Reticuloendotheliosis, and internal parasites.
Details can be found in the draft Resolution attached to this notification.