Dried almonds (Prunus dulcis), in shell and shelled
Establece requisitos fitosanitarios de importación para frutos secos con y sin cáscara de almendro (Prunus dulcis), procedentes de Australia (Phytosanitary requirements for the importation into Chile of in-shell and shelled almonds (Prunus dulcis) from Australia). Language(s): Spanish Number of pages: 2
The notified draft resolution establishes the following phytosanitary requirements for the importation of in-shell and shelled almonds (Prunus dulcis) from Australia:
1. To enter the country, shipments must be covered by an official phytosanitary certificate issued by the phytosanitary authority of the country of origin, without additional declarations;
2. Shipments must be free of soil and other plant remains;
3. Packaging must be new (repackaging is not permitted), closed, resistant to handling, and labelled or marked in accordance with the Agriculture and Livestock Service (SAG) regulations in force;
4. The wood used for packaging, pallets and packing materials must comply with the quarantine regulations for importation;
5. The packaging materials used must allow for potential quarantine treatments to be carried out at points of entry; SAG officials at the authorized port of entry will inspect shipments upon their arrival in Chile, verify their compliance with the relevant phytosanitary requirements, and decide, on the basis of the accompanying documentation, whether their entry should be authorized or whether appropriate measures should be adopted in accordance with existing legislation.