HS Code(s): 52, 0809, 1006, 0803, 18, 09, 1212, 0805, 08011, 24, 0808, 080720, 071040, 1201, 1001, 0806; ICS Code(s): 13, 65
Draft resolution number 613, 28 February 2019, regarding the active ingredient G01 - GLYPHOSATE of the Monograph List of Active Ingredients for Pesticides, Household Cleaning Products and Wood Preservers, published by Resolution - RE n° 165 of 29 August 2003, on the Brazilian Official Gazette (DOU - Diário Oficial da União) of 2 September 2003. Language(s): Portuguese. Number of pages: 5
This Draft resolution is the result of the risk assessment for the active ingredient G01 - GLYPHOSATE ofthe Relation of Monographies of Active Ingredients of Pesticides, Household Cleaning Products and Wood Preservers, and proposes the following changes:
- Rural workers and the population near the farming fields:
· Prohibition of EW formulation (oil-in-water emulsion);
· Rotation between workers for aplication activities with tractors (mixing, filling and applying);
· Personal protective equipment (PPE) and period for reentry of the worker into the treated area;
· Drift reduction technology;
· Safe zone of 10 meters when there is population 550 meters way from farming fields;
· Definition of exposure and tolerance limits for rural workers.
- Urban use and food consuming:
· Adjustment for cronic exposure tolerance limits;
· Definition of acute exposure limits;
· Prohibition of the concentraded product for amateur gardening; Prohibition of POEA (polyoxyethyleneamine) above 20% in glyphosate products.