Article 19 of the executive regulation of the public Health law "Energy drinks" (1 page(s), in Arabic)
This document specifies the requirements of Energy drinks mention on the article 19 of the executive regulation of the public Health law:
Concerning energy drinks that marketed as boosting energy and increasing physical and mental performance and contain high amount of caffeine, sugar or sugar substitute as basic ingredients in addition to other ingredients that gives the stimulant characteristics like vitamins, taurine, ginseng, and guarana. It is prohibited to do any of the following actions:
1. Not allowed to be sell for persons under 18 years. All retail shops that sell energy drinks directly to consumers, should put in a prominent place a clear, legible statement in both Arabic and English language that it is not allowed for persons under 18 years.
2. Not allowed to be sell in restaurants, school canteens, health and educational establishments.
3. Not allowed to be distributed free to all age groups.
4. The following cautionary statement should be added on label of Energy Drinks in both Arabic and English language: "not suitable for pregnant or lactating women, persons under 18 years persons with sensitivity to caffeine or any other product components , or those who suffer from diseases that may affect their health especially Cardio vascular Disease patients, diabetics, and athletes during exercise".
5. Advertisements of Energy Drinks in any way of advertising whether it is (audible, visual, readable) are not allowed unless permissions obtained from the concerned authority in the Ministry of Health.