C00A - AGRICULTURE, FISHERIES AND FOOD
Notification of designated low-capacity establishments pursuant to Article 13(2) of Commission Implementing Regulation (EU) 2019/627 laying down uniform practical arrangements for the performance of official controls on products of animal origin intended for human consumption.
The Danish Veterinary and Food Administration has decided to increase the thresholds laid down to allow slaughterhouses/game-handling establishments to use more relaxed rules, cf. the provision in Article 13(2) in Commission Implementing Regulation (EU) 2019/627 laying down uniform practical arrangements for the performance of official controls on products of animal origin intended for human consumption in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2017/625 of the European Parliament and of the Council and amending Commission Regulation (EC) No 2074/2005 as regards official controls.
The Danish Veterinary and Food Administration has identified the establishments as low-capacity establishments on the basis of a risk analysis and based on the fact that slaughter/game-handling in the establishments only takes place during part of the working day or throughout the working day, but not for all the
days of the week. The establishments meet the conditions requiring that their total production not exceed 5% of the total production of fresh meat in Denmark.
The Danish Veterinary and Food Administration focused in particular on whether these establishments have the necessary facilities and equipment and appropriate arrangements to avoid food safety being compromised at any point, even if the post-mortem inspection by the state veterinary surgeon is delayed by up to 24 hours.
This concerns the following establishments:1.Approval number 5728, DK Meat, Lindtorpvej 3, 7600 Struer
2. Approval number 876, Kivan Food A/S, Saltøvej 118, 4700 Næstved
3. Approval number 1209, Stensved Slagtehus ApS, Vådebjergvej 2, 4773 Stensved
4. Approval number 1234, Slagtehuset Nykøbing F, Industriparken 4, 4960 Holeby
5. Approval number 1219, Egtved Slagtehus, Brudesøvej 1, 6040 Egtved
6. Approval number 1295, Kisbæk Slagteri, Ginegårdsvej 3, 6240 Løgumkloster
7. Approval number 1441, Landmand Ole Toft Thøgersen, Næssundvej 362, 7960 Karby
8. Approval number 4699, Harald Hansens Eftf. I/S, Fabriksvangen 27, 3550 Slangerup
9. Approval number 5355, Tistrup Slagtehus, Frejasvej 13, 6862 Tistrup
The production was calculated in accordance with Article 13(2)(b) and (d):
For 2022, the total quantity of animals slaughtered in all small slaughterhouses in Denmark represents the following proportion of all animals slaughtered in Denmark:
Poultry: 0.6 %
Ungulates: 0.975 %
For 2022, the total quantity of animals slaughtered in the 9 slaughterhouses we will notify represents the following proportion of all animals slaughtered in Denmark:
All poultry together: 0.117 %
Ungulates: 0.373 %