tobacco-free nicotine pouches
Draft Decree on tobacco-free nicotine pouches
The essence is the setting of requirements for tobacco-free nicotine pouches:
- composition, appearance, quality and characteristics requirements;
- labelling requirements, including prohibited elements and features;
and requirements for the manner of, deadlines for and scope of the notification obligation.
A legal regulation will be created for products such as non-tobacco nicotine pouches when the amendment of Act No 65/2017 on health protection against harmful effects of addictive substances is passed and published, notification under Directive 2015/1535 (2022/840/CZ).
keywords: nicotine, addictive substances, health protection
The draft refers to:
- Regulation (EC) No 1925/2006 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 20 December 2006 on the addition of vitamins and minerals and of certain other substances to foods, as amended.
- Regulation (EC) No 1907/2006 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 18 December 2006 concerning the Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation and Restriction of Chemicals (REACH), establishing a European Chemicals Agency, amending Directive 1999/45/EC and repealing Council Regulation (EEC) No 793/93 and Commission Regulation (EC) No 1488/94 as well as Council Directive 76/769/EEC and Commission Directives 91/155/EEC, 93/67/EEC, 93/105/EC and 2000/21/EC, as amended.
- Regulation (EC) No 1272/2008 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 16 December 2008 on classification, labelling and packaging of substances and mixtures, amending and repealing Directives 67/548/EEC and 1999/45/EC, and amending Regulation (EC) No 1907/2006, as amended.
- Commission Implementing Decision (EU) 2015/2186 of 25 November 2015 establishing a format for the submission and making available of information on tobacco products.