Complete munitions and pyrotechnics.
Draft Munitions Act
The draft separate Munitions Act was drawn up in the context of the implementation of Directive (EU) 2017/853 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 17 May 2017 amending Council Directive 91/477/EEC on control of the acquisition and possession of weapons and in accordance with Government Resolution No 740 of 23 October 2017 replacing Act No 119/2002 on firearms and ammunition (the Arms Act), as amended. The draft act is in conformity with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of
27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation).
The Munitions Act regulates the following activities related to munitions:
a) the handling of munitions, including the operation of munitions firing ranges, detonation pits for the destruction of munitions or special facilities for the detonation, firing, or destruction of munitions (hereinafter 'special munitions facilities'); and
b) pyrotechnic reconnaissance.
The Act also regulates the performance of state administration in the field of munitions handling and pyrotechnic reconnaissance.
The draft Act contains references to the following national and international legislation:
- Act No 61/1988 on mining activities, explosives, and the State Mining Administration, as amended;
- Act No 206/2015 on pyrotechnic products and the handling thereof and on amendments to certain acts (the Pyrotechnics Act), as amended.
- The Convention on the Prohibition of the Use, Stockpiling, Production and Transfer of Anti-Personnel Mines and on their Destruction, promulgated under No 29/2000, the Convention on Cluster Munitions, promulgated under No 18/2012, the Convention on the Prohibition of Development, Production and Stockpiling of Bacteriological (Biological) and Toxin Weapons and on their Destruction, promulgated under No 96/1975, the Convention on the Prohibition of Development, Production, Stockpiling and the use of chemical weapons and their destruction, promulgated under No 14/2009, and the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty, promulgated under No 61/1974.
- § 11(3) of Act No 15/2015 on the abolition of the Brdy military district, on the establishment of the boundaries of military districts, on changes to regional boundaries and amending related laws (the Borders of Military Districts Act).
- § 38(1)(b) of Act No 372/2011 on health services and conditions for their provision (the Health Services Act).
- Act No 412/2005 on protection of classified information and on security authority, as amended.
- Decree No 64/1987 on the European Agreement concerning the International Carriage of Dangerous Goods by Road (ADR), as amended.
- Act No 38/1994 on foreign trade in military material and on amendments to Trading Act No 455/1991, as amended, and Act No 140/1961, the Criminal Code, as amended, as amended.
- The Treaty on Conventional Armed Forces in Europe, promulgated under No 94/2003.
The draft Act does not contain references to any national, European or international technical standards, technical documents, business standards, international recommendations, international standards containing a national annex or a national note.
Keywords: munitions, pyrotechnics.