Non-automatic weighing instruments used for the following:
1) Determination of the mass in commercial transactions.
2) Determination of the mass in the calculation of tax, customs duties, excise duties, bonuses, fines, remuneration, reimbursement or payment of a similar nature.
3) Determination of the mass for the purpose of applying a law or an administrative provision or for the use of judicial expertise.
4) Determination of the mass in medical practice when weighing patients in the context of health monitoring, diagnosis and medical treatment.
5) Determination of the mass in the manufacture of prescription-only medicinal products in pharmacies and determination of the mass by analyses carried out in medical and pharmaceutical laboratories.
6) Determination of price on the basis of mass for the purposes of direct sales to the public and the manufacture of prepackages.
Order on the use of non-automatic weighing instruments.
The order lays down obligations for the instrument and requirements for self-monitoring, reverification and intervention in the weighing instrument. The order does not change the applicable law, but is the result of new issuance pursuant to Act no. 799 of 2020 on products and market surveillance for the purpose of harmonising product rules under this Act.
The order repeals order no. 591 of 29 May 2018 on the use of non-automatic weighing instruments.