Telecommunication equipment, radio equipment and telecommunication terminal equipment
Draft revision of the Ordinance of the Swiss Federal Office of Communications on telecommunications installations (OOIT)
• Radio Interface Regulation (RIR): RIR1010-11, RIR1012-11 (new)
• Radio Interface Regulation (RIR): none (to be abrogated)
• Radio Interface Regulation (RIR): RIR0302-45 (to be amended)
The Ordinance of the Swiss Federal Office of Communications on telecommunications installations (OOIT) specifies the basic technical requirements with regard to telecommunications installations set out by the Swiss Federal Council. It regulates the use of radio interfaces in Switzerland.
The OOIT has to be updated to follow the latest frequency management in Europe.
Following RIR have been changed:
• A new RIR (RIR1010-11) for Wireless Access Systems (WAS) including Radio Local Area Networks (RLAN) in the frequency range (5945 - 6425 MHz) will be created in order to be in line with the ECC Decision (20)01.
• A new RIR (RIR1012-11) for automotive radars in the frequency range (24.05 – 24.25 GHz) will be created in order to be in line with the ERC/REC 70-03 Annex 5.
• A RIR (RIR0302-45) will be amended due to changes in the EN 302 217-2 regarding the transmitter power spectral density.
For legal and formal reasons, the version (number) of each RIR was increased by 1 (without any changes in content).