Management of packaging and packaging waste
- Directive 94/62/EC on packaging and packaging waste
The draft technical regulation provides for the following amendments to the Packaging Law:
- the definition of the deposit fee is reworded laying down that the deposit fee is the amount of money paid as a security;
- requirements for packaging for recovery are clarified;
- the deadline for refunding the deposit fee to the seller of the deposit packaging (the operator of the collection point or the household waste recycling centre) is specified for the used deposit beverage packaging collected;
- the procedure for registering packers is clarified;
- precise competences of the Public Utilities Commission in controlling the operations of the deposit system operator are established.