Finnish Transport Infrastructure Agency guideline, Design of crash barriers
This guide shall be followed in the design of roadside crash barriers.
The guide contains:
• principles of application of SFS-EN 1317-2 and SFS 1317-5 in Finland
• selection criteria for type of barrier and product
• selection of crash barrier containment class and snowplough resistance class
• requirements relating to the start point, start method and transition structures of the barrier
• specification relating to the length and need for flexibility of the barrier.