The draft Rules for Free Use of the Radio Frequency Spectrum is developed in relation to the provisions of Article 30, item 8 and Article 66a, paragraph 3 of the Electronic Communications Act (amended and supplemented State Gazette issue No. 20 dated 9 March 2021. Pursuant to art. 66a, para. 1 of the Electronic Communications Act, the use of the radio frequency spectrum – free, after registration or after issuance of authorisation shall be determined by rules. These rules lay down the conditions for free use of radio frequency spectrum, including technical parameters for the operation of radio facilities or electronic communication networks.
The project shall cover the following radio equipment or electronic communication networks:
1. Devices with short scope of effect;
2. Radio equipment operating under the control of electronic communication networks;
3. Electronic communication networks for production of programs and holding of special events (PMSE), SAP/SAB, including ENG/OB;
4. Electronic communication networks for the provision of mobile communication services on the board of aircrafts (MCA services) and on the board of vessels (MCV services);
5. Reception-only radio facilities.
Rules for free use of radio frequency spectrum
The Draft Rules for free use of the radio frequency spectrum set out the conditions for free use of radio frequency spectrum for radio facilities or electronic communication networks referred to in Article 2, as well as the technical parameters set out in Annexes No 2-5 respectively, to be observed at its use.
The document sets out the applicable technical standards at the observance of which is ensured compliance with radio equipment with the essential requirements laid down in Directive 2014/53/EU.