deactivation of firearms
Draft Regulation of the Minister of National Defence on the deactivation of firearms other than small arms and products used by Armed Forces and Police
The Regulation shall specify:
1) a detailed method of deactivation of firearms other than small arms and products, consisting in subjecting those firearms and products to alterations consisting in the removal or disposal in a permanent and irreversible manner of parts and assemblies essential to the operation of the firearm or the product or the elimination of features determining the military or police use;
2) the procedure and manner of verification of the deactivation and marking of other firearms and deactivated products and the scope of the data contained in the records;
3) entities authorised to certify the deactivation of other firearms and products and the approval of technical specifications;
4) the amount of the fee for approval of the technical specification and the fee for certification of the deactivation of other firearms and products;
5) a model certificate of demilitarisation of other weapons and products.