Draft Implementing Decree on the Waste Catalogue and the assessment of hazardous properties of waste (Waste Catalogue)
The proposed provisions are currently contained in two implementing acts (Implementing Decree No 93/2016 establishing the Waste Catalogue and Implementing Decree No 94/2016 on the assessment of hazardous properties of waste).
With a view to new legislation expected to come into effect in the next calendar year, new implementing acts also need to be issued. The present document is one of those acts.
The proposed implementing legislation governs the following fields:
• the procedure for classification of waste according to the Waste Catalogue, including the waste catalogue itself, which is annexed to the legislation,
• the content of training on the assessment of hazardous properties of waste,
• the particulars of the assignment of documentation in respect of an assessment of hazardous properties of waste,
• additional limit values and criteria for hazardous properties of waste, and
• the method of carrying out certain tests, analyses and ecotoxicological and microbiological testing of waste.
According to the submitter, the notification obligation applies to the part concerning the waste catalogue (a list-based catalogue of waste provided in Annex 1).
This part of the legislation does not refer to any national or European technical standards, nor does it refer to any other technical documents, corporate standards or harmonised standards, or international standards or recommendations.
References to European standards:
- Commission Regulation (EU) No 1357/2014 of 18 December 2014 replacing Annex III to Directive 2008/98/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council on waste and repealing certain Directives,
- Commission Regulation (EC) No 440/2008 of 30 May 2008 laying down test methods pursuant to Regulation (EC) No 1907/2006 of the European Parliament and of the Council on the Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation and Restriction of Chemicals (REACH),
- Regulation (EC) No 1272/2008 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 16 December 2008 on classification, labelling and packaging of substances and mixtures, amending and repealing Directives 67/548/EEC and 1999/45/EC, and amending Regulation (EC) No 1907/2006,
- Regulation (EU) 2017/852 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 17 May 2017 on mercury, and repealing Regulation (EC) No 1102/2008.