Certain single-use plastic products and certain other plastic products
Government Decree on the restriction of the placing on the market of certain single-use plastic products and of certain other plastic products
As of 1 July 2021, the draft prohibits the placing on the market of products made from oxo-degradable plastic, and of the following single-use plastic products and of their versions made of biodegradable plastic:
1. Cotton bud sticks;
2. Cutlery (forks, knives, spoons, chopsticks);
5. Beverage stirrers;
6. Sticks to be attached to and to support balloons, except balloons for industrial or other professional uses and applications that are not distributed to consumers, including the mechanisms of such sticks;
7. Food containers made of expanded polystyrene, i.e. receptacles such as boxes, with or without a cover, used to contain food which:
7.1. is intended for immediate consumption, either on-the-spot or take-away,
7.2. is typically consumed from the receptacle, and
7.3. is ready to be consumed without any further preparation, such as cooking, boiling or heating, including food containers used for fast food or other meal ready for immediate consumption, except beverage containers, plates and packets and wrappers containing food;
8. Beverage containers made of expanded polystyrene, including their caps and lids;
9. Cups for beverages made of expanded polystyrene, including their covers and lids.
- single-use plastic cups for beverages other than those made of expanded polystyrene, including their caps and lids;
As of 1 July 2021, the draft will also prohibit the placing on the market of the following single-use plastic products:
- lightweight plastic carrier bags with a wall thickness of 15 microns and above, except for their versions made of biodegradable plastic.