Vehicles (motorcycles and sidecars) with associated equipment
The Swedish Transport Agency’s regulations and general advice (TSFS 2020:YY) on the approval of motorcycles
Further provisions on the requirements for vehicle characteristics and equipment in accordance with the Emission Control Ordinance (2011:345) and the Vehicles Ordinance (2009:211).
The regulations apply upon registration inspection of:
- New motorcycles, including amateur-built motorcycles, with or without a sidecar;
- Motorcycles put into service but modified to such an extent that they are regarded as converted vehicles;
- Motorcycles that are to be temporarily registered for temporary use in Sweden;
- New motorcycles that are to be temporarily registered before being taken out of the country;
- Motorcycles that are to be registered and used by diplomatic personnel;
- Two-wheeled motorcycles that are to be registered for competition purposes.