Order amending the Order on the Building Decree 2012 on nearly zero-energy construction
The Building Decree 2012 [Bouwbesluit 2012] contains requirements for the renovation and demolition of structures, the condition and use of existing structures, open properties and grounds, and safety during construction and demolition works. The Decree amending the Building Decree 2012 and a number of other decrees on nearly zero-energy construction [Besluit houdende wijziging van het Bouwbesluit 2012 en van enkele andere besluiten inzake bijna energieneutrale nieuwbouw] (Bulletin of Acts and Decrees 2019, 501) implements the requirements arising from the Energy Performance of Buildings Directive (Directive (EU) 2010/31 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 19 May 2010 amending Directive 2010/31/EU on the energy performance of buildings (recast EPBD)).
This amendment to the Order amending the Building Decree 2012 [Regeling Bouwbesluit 2012] further implements the provisions of the aforementioned decree:
- calculation of values for energy needs, primary fossil energy use and renewable energy percentage;
- calculation of the value for overheating;
- indication of new versions of standards.
The recast EPBD reduces the use of (fossil) energy in buildings.
Article 1(3) of the Building Decree 2012 contains an equivalence provision that also applies to this amendment. See also the explanatory notes by article regarding said provision.
Article 1(3) Equivalence provision, paragraphs 1 and 2.
1. It shall not be necessary to meet a provision set down in Chapters 2 to 7 if the structure or its use offers at least an equivalent level of safety, health protection, usability, energy efficiency and environmental protection as intended in the provisions of these chapters, without application of said provision.
2. An equivalent solution as referred to in paragraph 1 shall be maintained during use of the structure.