Organic soil conditioners
Order amending the Order of 5 September 2003 laying down the compulsory implementation of standards
This interministerial Order is intended to make the implementation of a supplement to a standard on mineral fertilisers and a standard on organic soil conditioners compulsory. This measure is a derogation from the marketing authorisation referred to in Article L255-2 of the French Rural and Maritime Fishing Code and set out in Article L255-5, point 1.
This Order is intended to make the implementation of the following supplements compulsory:
- Supplement A1 to standard NF U 42-001-1 on mineral fertilisers: NF U 42-001-1/A1.– Mineral fertilisers – Descriptions, specifications and marking. This standard lays down the descriptions, specifications and marking of mineral fertilisers. It is aimed in particular at producers, users and official inspection bodies. This amendment supplements the general standard revised in 2011 by introducing a description: ammonium salts obtained by washing gas with acid.
- Supplement A3 to standard NF U 44-051 on organic soil conditioners: NF U 44-051/A3.– Organic soil conditioners – Descriptions, specifications and marking. This standard lays down the designations, specifications and labelling of organic soil conditioners. It is aimed in particular at producers, users and official inspection bodies. This second amendment modifies the general standard revised in 2006 by introducing:
- a distinction between two descriptions 3a and 3b (composting and vermicomposting) in place of 3;
- safety criteria regarding metal trace elements (5.1) in new Tables 3 and 4 to replace those of 2006 and limit values specific to the island of La Réunion in Table 5;
- certain elements in the mandatory marking (6-2).