Digital safe operator
Digital housing logbook operator
Decree on the digital housing information, monitoring and maintenance logbook
The Decree specifies the scope of application, the definition and the procedures for managing and consulting the information contained in the digital logbook. It indicates the access procedures aimed at ensuring an effective information flow between owners, tenants and co-ownership syndicates. It sets the requirement for operators with a digital logbook technical solution to declare it to the ministry responsible for construction and housing.
The Decree refers to an order that will specify the documents to be held there and the particular provisions that will apply.
Presentation of the Decree
Article 1 creates a new subsection in Book I, Title I, Chapter I, Section 4 of the French Construction and Housing Code.
Article 2 sets out the requirements for the authors of the following regulatory documents included in the Construction and Housing Code to send them to the digital logbook:
• documents from the technical diagnosis file necessary for sale (R271-5);
• compulsory maintenance contract for lifts (R125-2-1);
• the certificate of completion following the sale of buildings to be constructed (R261-24);
• the technical notice and attached certification regarding the safety of swimming pools (R128-3).
Article 3 indicates the requirements for the authors of the following regulatory documents included in the Environmental Code to send them to the digital logbook:
• the periodic inspection report for boilers with a power exceeding 400 kW (R224-33);
• the maintenance declaration for boilers with a power exceeding 400 kW (R224-41-8);
• the inspection report for air conditioning and heat pump [pompe à chaleur - PAC] systems (R224-59-5).
Article 4 provides that these provisions will apply from 1 January 2020 onwards.