Regulations concerning betting terminals; ban on certain types of betting, in particular with regard to their significantly increased potential for addiction or for the protection of betting customers and for the protection of children and young people, as well as in the interest of safeguarding human dignity and animal welfare.
Draft Act on betting operator activities (Tyrolean Betting Operator Act)
– regulations concerning the commercial placing of bets and the commercial brokering of bets, as well as concerning the commercial brokering of betting customers by betting operators;
– inclusion of internet-based activities performed by betting operators in the scope of the Act;
– ban on live betting, except for live betting on the final result or betting on events which have already taken place at the time the bet is placed, the former because of the significantly increased potential for addiction that it entails, the latter in the interest of protecting the betting customer;
– ban on bets which, according to general moral sensibilities, would grossly violate human dignity and on bets directed at the killing or injuring of animals;
– ban on offering, placing and brokering bets with children and young people as betting customers;
– regulations concerning betting terminals;
- regulations concerning the practical rules and duties of betting operators;
– regulations for the protection of betting customers and for the protection of children and young people;
– provision of measures to prevent money laundering and financing of terrorism;
– provision of supervisory and monitoring powers.