Equipment used to operate games of chance and the operation of games of chance
Draft implementing decree of the Ministry of Finance on the method for gambling operators to notify and send information and transmit data, the scope of the data to be transmitted and other technical parameters of data transmission.
Keywords: Gambling, Equipment used to operate games of chance, Gaming and financial data, Transmission of gaming and financial data, Scope of the gaming and financial data transmitted
Description: This draft implementing decree implements Act No 186/2016 on gambling, as amended (hereinafter the ‘Gambling Act’), in accordance with the provisions of § 133(1)(a) of the act, which authorise the Ministry of Finance to establish the method for operators to notify and send information and transmit data to state administration authorities in the area of the operation of games of chance under this act, the scope of the data to be transmitted and other technical parameters of data transmission, as well as the format and structure of the daily gaming reports and daily gaming logs. The area regulated by the draft implementing decree is currently not regulated by European Union legislation and is left to national legislation. In terms of content, the draft implementing decree is divided into five parts and one annex. The first part defines the subject matter of the legislation and general requirements for the automated data output. The second part further specifies the operators’ obligation to provide for and grant remote access to supervisory authorities in the form of the automated data output. The third part of the implementing decree applies to both daily gaming reports and daily gaming logs because the two relevant types of games of chance are operated in a similar way and, at the same time, both types of games of chance may only be operated in a casino. The fourth part of the implementing decree concerns the method of sending and providing notification of the information and data laid down by or on the basis of the Gambling Act to customs authorities and the Ministry of Finance. The final part provides information about the notification of the draft implementing decree and specifies the date of entry into force of the implementing decree. The annex, which specifies the form of the data package and the requirements for the individual data files and their content, forms a substantial part of the draft implementing decree. It also governs the provision of the automated data output, the requirements for creating a compressed data package and encrypting and sealing the files, including general requirements for the cryptographic means used. In this respect, the draft implementing decree refers to national technical standards:
- ČSN ETSI EN 319 122-1 V1.1.1 (Electronic Signatures and Infrastructures (ESI) – CAdES digital signatures – Part 1: Building blocks and CAdES baseline signatures) and
- ČSN ETSI EN 319 122-2 V1.1.1 (Electronic Signatures and Infrastructures (ESI) – CAdES digital signatures – Part 2: Extended CAdES signatures).
The draft also refers to the following technical standards:
- ISO 4217:2015 (Codes for the representation of currencies),
- ISO/IEC 21320-1:2015 (Information technology – Document Container File – Part 1: Core),
- RFC 3339 (Date and Time on the Internet: Timestamps),
- RFC 3629 (UTF-8, a transformation format of ISO 10646),
- RFC 5246 (The Transport Layer Security (TLS) Protocol Version 1.2),
- RFC 5280 (Internet X.509 Public Key Infrastructure Certificate and Certificate Revocation List (CRL) Profile),
- RFC 5652 (Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS)),
- RFC 7230 (Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP/1.1): Message Syntax and Routing),
- RFC 7231 (Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP/1.1): Semantics and Content),
- RFC 7233 (Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP/1.1): Range Requests).