Water intended for human consumption
Decree transposing Commission Directive (EU) 2015/1787 amending Annexes II and III to Council Directive 98/83/EC on the quality of water intended for human consumption transposed with Legislative Decree No 31 of 2 February 2001
The notified decree comprises two articles and two annexes. Article 1 provides for the replacement of Annexes II and III to Legislative Decree No 31 of 2 February 2001 with Annex I and Annex II to the draft subject to the information procedure, respectively; Article 2 states that the decree shall take effect 16 days after the date of its publication in the Official Gazette of the Italian Republic.
Annex I, which completely replaces Annex II to Legislative Decree No 31/2001, concerns water monitoring and is divided into four parts, as follows:
- General objectives and monitoring programmes;
- Parameters and frequencies;
- Risk assessment;
- Sampling methods and sampling points.
Annex II, which completely replaces Annex III to Legislative Decree No 31/2001, lays down the requirements to be met and the practices and methods of analysis to be applied by accredited testing laboratories; the text contains two parts relating to:
- Microbiological parameters for which methods of analysis are specified;
- Chemical and indicator parameters for which performance characteristics are specified.